Dermal fillers have been around since about 1900. These compounds, which are injected beneath the skin to add youthful volume and soften the appearance of wrinkles, are constantly evolving – becoming more effective and even safer.
One of the newest kids on the non-invasive rejuvenation block is Belotero Balance, brought to us by Merz Aesthetics. The FDA approved this transparent hyaluronic acid formulation in November 2011. It improves the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, especially those around the nose and mouth.
What makes Belotero different? And why are women and men in NYC so anxious to give it a try? Let’s take a look:
- Belotero integrates into your unique facial contours, enhancing individuality for a very natural look.
- It is versatile. This one product is delicate enough to treat fine vertical lip lines, and sufficiently robust for deep nasolabial folds (the smile lines that form around your mouth).
- The hyaluronic acid (HA) in Belotero is a natural part of your skin’s composition. After injection, HA binds with water to plump and smooth wrinkles even more.
- There’s no waiting – results are instant and last about six month; longer for some patients.
- Belotero is convenient. Treatment sessions are brief (usually an hour or less), and are performed right in our office.
- There is zero downtime! You may return to work or other activities right away. Some patients experience a little redness or minor bruising at injections sites, but it is quite temporary and easily concealed with makeup.
I am very pleased to bring Belotero to NYC, because I believe in its effectiveness and safety – otherwise I wouldn’t offer it to patients of The New York Aesthetic Consultants. I find that Belotero works well alone, and in combination with Botox and fillers. When I design an individualized non-surgical facial rejuvenation program for a patient, I use Belotero Balance to complement techniques such as Fraxel and Portrait Plasma, and advanced skin tightening methodologies such as Pellevé, Ultherapy, and Thermage.