ThermiSmooth™ is a member of the ThermiAesthetics™ family of ThermiRF™ FDA cleared aesthetic devices. That’s a lot of “thermis,” but the important thing to remember about ThermiSmooth™ is it’s effectiveness as a non-surgical, non-invasive wrinkle treatment.
This system improves the appearance of wrinkles through controlled radiofrequency (RF) technology. Regulated, precise delivery of RF energy at the surface heats deep layers of skin, shrinking collagen and engaging the body’s natural healing processes – specifically the production of new collagen bundles. Skin becomes firmer right away, and wrinkles continue to smooth for several months.
There’s no downtime following treatment and no specific recovery protocol. However, I like to be sure my patients follow this simple pre-treatment advice for the most satisfying experience and results that are long lasting:
- Please don’t smoke. Your skin responds better to any type of rejuvenation treatment when it has not been exposed to dehydration and toxic chemicals from smoke. A six week respite is ideal to speed healing from ThermiSmooth™ treatment, and your whole body will thank you for quitting completely.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs and supplements for two weeks. ThermiSmooth™ is very gentle treatment, but aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medications and herbal remedies (including fish oil, vitamin D, capsaicin, glucosamine sulfate, and others) increase risk of undesirable side effects from treatment – temporary redness and swelling.
- Tell me about other medications you are using. Even topical creams can influence the outcome of ThermiSmooth™, so it is important that we discuss any medications you are using, before treatment.
- Hydrate! Plenty of plain, fresh water before and after treatment helps you feel great and provides hydration your body needs to rejuvenate efficiently.
- TNS Essential Serum’s growth factors augment the ability of ThermiSmooth™ to stimulate collagen production. Don’t purchase this product from the internet as the source is not reliable. This company does not sell to third parties, and even on “trusted” sites the seller may have stored the product in a hot, non air-conditioned warehouse or truck which deactivates the fibroblast growth factor. Saving a few dollars will, in the end, cost more money if the product is counterfeit or rendered ineffective from inappropriate storage. Our practice dispenses only products that are obtained directly from the manufacturer.
Remember, call 212-561-5808 and ask for me by name – Dr. Ron Shelton.
Dr. Ron Shelton, formerly having practiced on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, NYC, is now located in Midtown Manhattan.